Restore SSP using STSADM

Add a comment September 3rd, 2009

1. Backup the SSP databases, and restore them to the new SQL server if you
are moving them, if not skip this step.

2. Run this command to re-add MySites:

STSADM -o createweb -url http://MySite_URL_Here -sitetemplate SPSMSITEHOST -title MySite_Name

3. Run this command to re-add the SSP:

STSADM -o restoressp -title Name_of_your_SSP_Here -url http://SSP_URL_Here:PORT_NUMBER_HERE -ssplogin DOMAIN\Username -mysiteurl http://MySite_URL_Here:PORT_NUMBER_HERE -indexserver NAME_of_INDEX_Server_Here -indexlocation "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\12.0\Data\Office Server\Applications" -keepindex -sspdatabaseserver SQL_Server_Name_Here -sspdatabasename SSP_Database_Name_Here -searchdatabaseserver SQL_Server_Name_Here -searchdatabasename SSP_Search_Database_Name_Here -ssppassword password -ssl no

4. You shouldn’t need to run this, but I included it in case the SSP doesn’t
work properly after restoring it (Has helped me before):

STSADM -o editssp -title Name_of_your_SSP_Here -url http://SSP_URL_Here
  1. January 11th, 2011 at 14:23 | #1
    Sike Mullivan

So I’ve taken a production SSP and placed it into our dev environment. I’m getting error “This page is accessible only from a Shared Services Provider admin site. ” when going to any link on the SSP’s admin page.

2. January 11th, 2011 at 15:22 | #2
    JT

@Sike…

I should have mentioned that as a potential snag in the post above, thanks for catching/posting the issue. Insure that you have your search (index/query) services configured and running, then follow these steps:

1. Access your Central Admin site.
    2. Click “Shared Services Administration” on the left navigation.
    3. Click the drop-down of your SSP and click “Edit Properties”
    4. Specify the Index server from drop down, enter the password, and click OK.

Let me know if that resolves your problem.

3. January 29th, 2011 at 20:38 | #3
    Anonymous

I’m having the same problem, except this is a new dev server.
    I’ve been over the SSP settings 100 times, all checks out, but no luck.
    Bit of a noob at this, where do I check search services?

4. January 30th, 2011 at 14:39 | #4

Are you trying to restore a SSP configuration from another MOSS Farm in your DEV environment? What error are you experiencing?

5. December 11th, 2015 at 15:30 | #5

friendsresults,i’ve heard this too and asked a few people about it.my best mom searws by it. i tried itmyself and found that the taste was somethingi could get used to, (i drank a spoon full beforeand after each meal), but i couldn’t stick to it asi was in school and the smell is very strong. (mademy bag smell like it, even though it never spilt.)i didn’t try it long enough to see but because my friends mom has such good things to say about it i’ll probably start again when summer starts.there are also apple cider pills!

6. January 1st, 2016 at 11:49 | #6

That’s way the bestest answer so far!

7. April 2nd, 2016 at 12:35 | #7

I’m not quite sure how to say this; you made it extremely easy for me!

8. April 14th, 2016 at 07:31 | #8

I thought finding this would be so arduous but it’s a breeze!

9. May 12th, 2016 at 17:51 | #9

Bonnes questions, mais les réponses sont toutes n’importe quouach’ :1) Oui :- Almagro- Blake- Gonzalez2) Beau à deux mains :- Nalb- Simon- Kafel- Murray

10. May 20th, 2016 at 07:30 | #10

Oh, ich liebe die Blumen, das sieht so toll aus! Und die Idee, da einfach den Schmuck drauf zu drappieren, finde ich einfach toll! Sehr schön! Ich glaube, den Ring auf dem ersten Bild habe ich auch, ist der am Band geschwungen?

11. July 8th, 2016 at 07:21 | #11

Je stelt vragen, maar zou best ook antwoorden mogen geven. Daar wordt je verhaal beter van, lijkt me. Eerst de feiten, leerde ik. Over welke zinloos gesubsidieerde commissies, adviesraden en genootschappen heb je het nou eigenlijk?

12. August 9th, 2016 at 03:42 | #12

Your photos are just stunning, Deanna! I’m so glad you like the granola–it’s one of my faves, too. And funny, I *used* to be a morning person, but no so much any more. But my love of breakfast has never waned. Your parfait looks amazing–I’m going to make it without the banana (since I’m not allowed right now–wah!) and I am sure it will still be fantastic. Thanks so much for hosting the giveaway!

13. November 3rd, 2016 at 10:42 | #13

For what it's worth here is " of the left hand (left figures), the right hand (middle figures), and the mean 2D : 4D ratio (right figures). The three upper figures are visualizations of predicted faces for 2D : 4D ratio 6 s.d. higher than the average. Accordingly, the lower figures are predicted faces for 2D : 4D ratio 6 s.d. lower than the average."

1. No trackbacks yet.